I bought Minecraft recently (two days ago, actually) after playing the free browser version a long time ago and then forgetting about it. I’m pleasantly surprised at myself for updating today because all I’ve been doing is playing friggin’ Minecraft. It’s so ridiculously simple and addicting that you can very easily find yourself 2 or 3 hours into the future after playing for what feels like 2 or 3 minutes. I don’t think I’ve been this addicted since my World of Warcraft days. It’s official, I guess, add “craft” to the end of your game and I will be addicted to it :D I haven’t played multiplayer yet… can’t imagine how addicting that’s gonna be.
Anyways, I wanted to do a quick summary for Chapter One for future new readers that don’t feel like watching every scene. BUT! The summaries are mostly for comic relief and you will miss a lot of potentially crucial information if you only read the summaries! So, watch every scene :D Can you tell who the host is? I’m not the best caricaturer, that’s for sure! ;)
I got dozens of names for Joe’s superhero character and it was really tough to pick the 5 that I felt would fit the best. After a lot of thinking, I ended up choosing these awesome names (in no particular order):
1) Centrifuge – I got a lot of “tornado” names, due to Joe’s favourite attack. I liked this one because it sounded cool and I know that Joe would want a cool name to upstage Sentinel and Stinger. :)
2) Super Joe – Joe is a egotistical bastard, so it makes sense that he thinks that his own name is “superhero” enough! Adding “Super” made me laugh and I think it works. Knowing Joe, he’ll think that he’s being really clever. :)
3) Captain McAwesome III – This one made me laugh. Joe definitely thinks he’s awesome and as captain, Joe will bestow authority upon himself over Jess and Bernie :D
4) The Green Storm – This name references Joe’s tornado attack and throws in some green (his suit and bandana colour) for extra flavour :)
5) Powerfist – Hate him all you want, but there’s no denying that Joe has a powerful punch. This name is badass and it’ll let Joe’s enemies know that he’s badass :)
6) Captain Awesome III – 6th choice, kinda :) Just #3 without the “Mc”.
These 6 choices will be posted on the forums and registered members will be able to vote on their favourite! Voting closes on Monday’s update and the winner will be Joe’s new superhero name. Please join us in the forums, lots of great people in there (including me!) :D
Thank you again for all of your suggestions and, trust me, this will not be the last time I ask you all for story suggestions :D
Enjoy Chapter 1 Summary – “Late Night on Basic Cable”! Sound is pretty important in this one, but if you play it without sounds, the long pauses are for when the audience cheers :D
Please continue to vote and nominate (if you think I deserve it)! We topped out at 169 last month! Pretty big jump from the 800s – thank you! Voting starts again for December so let’s get up to the top 100!