So, with BlockHopper in the update and marketing phase, I can focus more on our next game: The Pocalypse Defense 2 :D
The way its currently designed, it would work best on PC and iPad, since it requires a bigger screen. Being a tower defense game like Plants Vs. Zombies, I think an iPhone screen would feel too squished. That being said, I have a few ideas and thoughts I’d like to put out there to spark some ideas from you, the community! :D
– The game will play similar to Plants Vs. Zombies in that you can place various static units (snipers, infantry, artillery, etc.) on the battlefield to fight off incoming attackers. Your units can be damaged and killed!
– One main difference is that you will be able to place a Hero on the battlefield (Joe, Bernie, Jess, Jake, or Doc) that gains experience and levels up.
– More units are unlocked as you progress and by purchasing them with in-game currency (no mandatory in-app purchases! Only use real money if you want!).
– We’re planning 50 units, 5 heroes, 25 enemies and 5 bosses within 50 levels and 5 settings.
– We’re also planning an Endless Mode to see how long you can last (Leaderboards maybe?)
Now some questions for you:
– If we were going to release the game on smaller mobile screens (iPhone), how could the game be made simpler to allow a simpler UI?
– Does the game sound too complicated? People seem to like simple apps nowadays, especially one-touch games. Do you think tower defense and one-touch gameplay can mix? If so, how?
– What do you like about tower defense games? What do you think can be improved? Anything on your tower defense wishlist?
I hope this sparks some brainstorming that will help us design the best game possible! Feel free to speak up in this forum thread, where we’ll continue the discussion! :D
Thank you so much for weighing in and if you have any questions, ask away!
Enjoy Scene 18 – “The Rest of Aaron’s Tale, Part 2”!
Check out Green Pixel’s first iOS game: BlockHopper! http://blockhopper.greenpixel.ca/ Thank you for your support and have fun running, hopping, and thinking your way to the Goal! Make your own levels, too! :D The FREE Lite version is also out! Get it here!