Thank you to all of you who have been constantly keeping an eye on the site and letting me know of malware issues :D Without all of you and your great advice, I wouldn’t even know where to start getting rid of any malware issues! The past few weeks have been a hit-and-miss, trial-and-error battle between a seemingly automatic virus/exploit and myself, manually deleting any code injections that popped up in the sites many, many files of code. And, after every “wipe”, I’ve had to regularly contact Google to lift the site warning that they very rightfully placed on the site.
So, this is how it’s been going:
1) I get a warning from Google or my anti-virus software or from you and I check to see where the code injections are.
2) I go ahead and delete all the bad stuff and/or overwrite bad files with older, clean files.
3) After everything seems okay and my anti-virus software doesn’t detect anything, I ask Google for a site review to lift the site warning.
4) When Google gives the green light, everything seems clean and the site is back to normal again :D Yay! Until…
5) The malicious code returns and we’re back to step 1. And, I also pout :(
It definitely sucks, especially thinking that everything is okay after all that tedious work, only to have that work undone by some mysterious and annoying malware. After every clean up, I try something new to protect the site, whether via your advice or a Google search (I’m definitely no web expert haha). I like to think that I’ve figured it out and the site is safe but all I can do for now is keep my fingers crossed and remain vigilant. Thank you again for all your help and I know the site will get through this :D
I’m really sorry if the site has infected anyone’s system :( I hope the majority of you protect yourselves better than I do and I hope that whatever is infecting the site is as common and harmless as the articles that I’ve read claim.
Well, that’s that for now! :D You’re not here for all the malware talk, you’re here for the scene!
Enjoy Scene 19 – “Let Me Die”!